Chest tightness can stop a person from breathing deeply Michelle* was in her late 40’s when she first came to the Wholistic Medical Centre. For the previous five years she had an upset stomach, felt nauseous every day, had some bloating after meals with bouts of diarrhoea alternating with […]
About Nick Bassal
M.B., B.S. (Hons) MRCGP CHT
Practising: General medical practice, Counselling and psychotherapy
Nick founded the Wholistic Medical Centre in 1977. His depth of experience about the best combinations of conventional and complementary therapies enables him to tailor treatment plans for each individual that maximise the chances of success.
He has had a special interest in skin disorders, prostatitis and prostate enlargement. Nick now specialises in a mindfulness based, body orientated form of psychotherapy and works with people with anxiety/depression, and other forms of mental suffering, who want to reduce or avoid medication. His approach, emphasising direct experience, has also been highly effective for people who have noticed that their emotions are connected to their physical symptoms and who wish to release the root causes.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Psychotherapy, Mens’ Prostate Issues
Below are a few videos by Nick covering several topics.
Entries by Nick Bassal
When our system falls out of balance due to stress or a hectic lifestyle, it often shows up as dis-ease in the body. But did you know that unresolved emotional issues can also show up as physical symptoms and sensations in the body? Brian*, 35-years-old, came to see our naturopath at the Wholistic Medical […]
- Nick Bassal – Wholistic GP, Mindfulness Psychotherapy
- Michael Cleary – GP, Homeopathy
- Deborah Cooper – Naturopath
- Tanya Newton – Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Suzi Wigge – Sydney Integrative GP, Anti-ageing and Nutritional Medicine, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture
- Vincent King – Sydney Osteopathy
- Kathy Harris – Sydney Naturopath, Functional Testing
- Jen Hart – Osteopathy, currently on maternity leave
- Marie Paek – Sydney Integrative GP, Psychotherapy
- Hannah Mills – Osteopathy
- Steven Judge – Clinical Naturopathy
- Rebecca Mar Young – Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Japanese Acupuncture
1st Floor, 17 Randle Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
(02) 9211 3811.
Mon — Fri: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm