Marie practices functional/integrative medicine to address complex and chronic health issues. As an integrative GP she seeks to identify and address the root causes of disease, and views the body as one integrated system, not a collection of independent organs divided up by medical specialties. She incorporates lifestyle medicine, nutrition, supplements, stress reduction and exercise to improve the functioning of organs as a means of preventing disease and creating vibrant, sustainable health.
She promotes a health-focused, patient-centric partnership, in which doctor and patient work together to dig deep and find out the causes of illness and disease. She examines not only the patient, but also their unique history, environment, lifestyle and underlying factors, and then develops a health-enhancing plan to help restore the patient to good health and get him or her on a life-long path of wellness. It’s not unusual for Marie to spend an hour or more with patients, listening to their histories, doing the detective work to determine the patterns that effect health.
Marie is able to tap into all the tools of healing—drawing from Western, Eastern, preventative and integrative medical practices—to help her patients heal. By pulling from all of these approaches and by paying special attention to diet, exercise, nutrition, supplementation and the workings of the mind, she does not just give patients a band-aid, she aims to give them the tools to create sustainable wellness and vitality.
Marie’s areas of special interest include but are not limited to:
- Food intolerances
- Microbiome restoration
- Infections- bacterial, fungi and parasites
- HPA axis dysfunction (previously known as adrenal fatigue)
- Thyroid dysfunction including Autoimmune Hashimotos
- Insulin resistance/Diabetes
- Menstrual disorders
- Endometriosis and other Estrogen dominant conditions
- Peri- and post- menopause
- Pre conception and pregnancy support
- Recurrent infections/lowered immunity
- Stress related burnout
- Chronic fatigue/post viral syndrome
Marie works both as an integrative GP and a somatic psychotherapist. Her deep-seated interest in finding the root cause of dis-ease has led her to study many modalities and undergone deep enquiry into the mind-body connection.
She attended the University of New South Wales where she pursued a double degree in Medicine and Arts, majoring in sociology and philosophy. From this early foundation, she grasped how fundamentally our mental-spiritual-emotional health impacts on our physical well-being.
She went on to formally train in a mindfulness-based, body-oriented psychotherapy and treats both individuals and couples. She is committed to providing a nurturing and safe environment to compassionately explore what makes us who we are and what gets in the way of reaching for the kind of life that will bring most meaning and satisfaction.
Suitable for individual therapy with a focus on:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Grief Adjustment Disorder
- Depression associated with Chronic Illness
- Unexplained somatic symptoms
- Relationship difficulties
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (HONS)
- Bachelor of Arts (Sociology)
- General Practice Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Qualified Antenatal Shared Care Provider with Royal Hospital for Women Randwick and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- 3 year Professional Training with Hakomi Psychotherapy Australia
- 1 year Professional Training with Hakomi Embodied and Aware Relationship Training, Hakomi Australia
- Training programs with Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM)
- Training programs with American Academy of Anti -Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Training programs with Australasian Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A5M)
- Continuing Professional education in General practice, Functional and nutritional/environmental medicine.
- Continue Supervision and Professional Education in Psychotherapy
Should you have to change your appointment to another day or cancel it for any reason, you will need to ring 9211 3811 at least 24 hours prior, otherwise a cancellation fee will apply as follows:
- More than 24 hours notice: no charge
- Less than 24 hours notice: 100% of appointment fee charged
- Missed appointment: 100% of appointment fee charged