Combining functional medicine, coaching, yoga and ayurveda for holistic treatment
Dr Amy is an Integrative Medical Doctor (GP) combining Functional Medicine, Coaching, Yoga and Ayurveda. She trained at the Imperial College School of Medicine in London and worked as a GP for several years. In Sydney, she has undergone extensive further training and is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine and the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine.
Dr Amy sees both adults and children with a variety of conditions including:
- Gut health (e.g IBS, food sensitivities, “leaky gut”, SIBO, gut dysbiosis, reflux)
- Thyroid and adrenal health (e.g hypothyroidism, HPA axis dysfunction – formerly known as “adrenal fatigue”)
- Autoimmunity (e.g Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Women’s health (e.g period problems, PMS, endometriosis, PCOS, menopause)
- Stress and Lifestyle Management (including dietary, exercise, sleep advice and stress management strategies)
- Metabolic conditions (e.g diabetes mellitus, hypertension)
- Weight management
- Mental health (e.g anxiety, depression)
- Children’s conditions (e.g gut issues, autism, ADHD)
Dr Amy is also a Lecturer, Writer (blog and health/wellness magazines e.g. Prevention, Fitness First), and enjoys presenting for the public at community workshops, seminars and retreats. She is also a Registered Yoga Teacher and offers personalized yoga sessions for her patients.
Dr Amy is a Medical Advisor for “Dance Health Alliance” (www.dancehealthalliance.org), a not-for-profit organization, that facilitates dance programs to improve quality of life and mind body balance, for people with neurological conditions such as Dementia, Parkinson’s disease and MS in care homes and open community classes.
- BSc(Hons) [Biochemistry/Microbiology] (Charing Cross & Westminster Medical School, University of London)
- MB BS (Imperial College, University of London)
- DCH (Diploma in Child Health)
- DRCOG (Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists)
- DFFP (Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning)
- MRCGP (Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners, London)
- FRACGP (Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners)
- FACNEM (Fellow of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine)
- Certificate – Life Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Time line therapy & Hypnosis (American Board of NLP)
- Certificate IV in Fitness – Personal Trainer (Personal Training Academy)
- Certificate – Ayurvedic Healing (Nature Care College)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (Yoga Australia)
- FASLM (Fellow of the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine)
- Board Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician (IBLM – International Board of Lifestyle Medicine)
- RACGP (Royal Australian College of General Practitioners)
- ACNEM (Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine)
- IFM (Institute for Functional Medicine)
- ASLM (Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine)
- Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
- Yoga Australia
Facebook: Dr Amy Gajjar- Integrative Medicine
Fee Structure and Bookings
Dr Amy will now ONLY be doing consultations via phone or video – until further notice.
- Note – you will be contacted via Dr Amy at your appointment time.
- Please note, from Saturday 25/01/2020 there will be NO medicare rebates available at this clinic until 22nd October 2020. This relates to a 10 year moratorium which applies to doctors trained outside Australia. This moratorium applies to doctors who obtained their medical qualifications overseas (including UK) and under the legislation, doctors affected will only be issued a Medicare provider number if they work in designated rural areas needed in Australia. As the location of the clinic is not in an “area of need”, there is no obligation for Medicare to either give or extend a provider number. We apologise for any inconvenience. Unfortunately this is out of the control of Dr Gajjar and the clinic.
- Please bring any previous medical records/ specialists’ correspondence, reports of your scans, blood and other test results and a list of past and current medications and natural remedies.
- Dr Gajjar uses a dedicated functional medicine software called “Living Matrix”. After booking, you will receive a link and will be required to complete 3 online forms that need to be filled out at least 3 days prior to your appointment so that she has sufficient time to read the full history before you attend (usually a 20–30 page PDF is generated). Please allow sufficient time to complete the questionnaire – at least 2-3 hrs – maybe more depending on the complexity of your case. This means Dr Gajjar can progress further rather than using the consultation time documenting your basic medical history.
- The initial consultation fee of $395 takes into account the time to review the Living Matrix information prior to your appointment and the time to prepare your management plan after your consultation. Your plan will be emailed to you within 3 working days of your appointment.
- Standard follow up is normally 30 minutes. A 45 or 60 minute appointment might be preferable when you have not seen Dr Gajjar for 6-12 months or when you are returning for several new test results or travel a significant distance.
- If closer to your follow up appointment new additional concerns have come up, please phone reception. You may wish to extend the duration of your existing 30 mins booking (time permitting) or to schedule a separate consultation on a different day so that all of your concerns can be given the best attention they deserve.
New private fees from Saturday the 25th January 2020 will be as follows.
These are private fees – there is no current provider number hence there is no medicare rebate available for consultations as well as investigations and referrals.
Due to this and the current COVID19 situation, Dr Gajjar has reduced her fees.
|Initial consultation Duration||Fee||Medicare item number and rebate|
|60 minutes||$395||No medicare rebate|
|Follow-up Consultation $300 Pro Rata|
|15 minutes||$75||No medicare rebate|
|30 minutes||$150||No medicare rebate|
|45 minutes||$225||No medicare rebate|
|60 minutes||$300||No medicare rebate|
- The email service is set up only for unavoidable circumstances (such as when Dr Gajjar’s patients are overseas or interstate). Otherwise this service will not be maintainable. Most patients will never have the need to email. It is not designed for routine queries or discussions. Please bring all your non-urgent questions, requests, updates of your history or results to your actual appointment. Emails are answered by Dr Gajjar within 4-6 working days. There will be a charge for the time spent on your email. The fee is $6.66 per minute.
- Consultations in person are usually preferable. Existing patients of Dr Gajjar can pre book skype or telephone consultation if you live interstate or overseas. The fee is time based like a consultation in person, but these types of consults do not qualify for a Medicare rebate.
- Renewals of a script and any letters/correspondence outside your consultation will attract a fee of $30. It is preferable for scripts to be written during your consult.
- Reprinting of lost scripts, referrals and pathology request forms. A minimum fee of $30 will be incurred for the reprinting of scripts, referrals and pathology forms as Dr Gajjar has to spend time opening files to locate paperwork, generating new forms and having them emailed or posted. Please take care of the documents given to you during your consultation.
- Cancellation list: if you are unable to book your preferred time reception will place you on Dr Gajjar’s cancellation list. As reception only gets to this list when things are quiet, please call in yourself to check for available times in the week you want your appointment.
Should you have to change your appointment to another day or cancel it for any reason, you will need to ring 9211 3811 at least 2 business days prior, otherwise a cancellation fee will apply as follows:
- More than 2 business days notice: no charge
- Between 24-48 hours (1-2 business days) notice: 50% of appointment fee charged
- Less than 1 business day notice: 100% of appointment fee charged
- Missed appointment: 100% of appointment fee charged