Functional Medicine, Coaching, Yoga & Ayurveda
Dr Amy is an Integrative Medical Doctor (GP) combining Functional Medicine, Coaching, Yoga and Ayurveda. She trained at the Imperial College School of Medicine in London and worked as a GP for several years. In Sydney, she has undergone extensive further training and is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine and a Board Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician.
Dr Amy sees both adults and children with a variety of conditions including:
- Gut health (e.g IBS, food sensitivities, “leaky gut”, SIBO, gut dysbiosis, reflux)
- Thyroid and adrenal health (e.g Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, HPA axis dysfunction – formerly known as “adrenal fatigue”)
- Autoimmunity (e.g Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Women’s health (e.g period problems, PMS, endometriosis, PCOS, menopause)
- Stress and Lifestyle Management (including dietary, exercise, sleep advice and stress management strategies)
- Metabolic conditions (e.g diabetes mellitus, hypertension)
- Weight management
- Mental health (e.g anxiety, depression)
- Children’s conditions (e.g gut issues, autism, ADHD)
Dr Amy is also a Lecturer and Examiner for ACNEM, Writer (blog and health/wellness magazines e.g. Prevention, Fitness First), and enjoys presenting for the public at community workshops, seminars and retreats. She is also a Registered Yoga Teacher (Hatha, Kundalini). Dr Amy is currently writing her first book on healing Hashimoto’s thyroiditis holistically.
Dr Amy is a Medical Advisor for “Dance Health Alliance” (www.dancehealthalliance.org), a not-for-profit organization, that facilitates dance programs to improve quality of life and mind body balance, for people with neurological conditions such as Dementia, Parkinson’s disease and MS in care homes and open community classes.
- BSc(Hons) [Biochemistry/Microbiology] (Charing Cross & Westminster Medical School, University of London)
- MB BS (Imperial College, University of London)
- DCH (Diploma in Child Health)
- DRCOG (Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists)
- DFFP (Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning)
- MRCGP (Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners, London)
- FRACGP (Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners)
- FACNEM (Fellow of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine)
- Certificate – Life Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Time line therapy & Hypnosis (American Board of NLP)
- Certificate IV in Fitness – Personal Trainer (Personal Training Academy)
- Certificate – Ayurvedic Healing (Nature Care College)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (Yoga Australia)
- FASLM (Fellow of the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine)
- Board Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician (IBLM – International Board of Lifestyle Medicine)
- RACGP (Royal Australian College of General Practitioners)
- ACNEM (Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine)
- IFM (Institute for Functional Medicine)
- ASLM (Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine)
- Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
- Yoga Australia
Facebook: Dr Amy Gajjar- Integrative Medicine
Fee Structure and Bookings
- For all appointments, please bring any relevant information- e.g previous medical records/ specialists’ correspondence, blood/investigation reports, list of past and current medications/supplements.
There are THREE options for new patients – two 60m options and a 30m option
Read throw below and decide on which one feels appropriate for you. If you have any further questions, please call Reception to discuss further.
- Dr Gajjar uses a dedicated functional medicine software called “Living Matrix”. After booking, you will receive a link and will be required to complete a set of three online forms that need to be filled out at least 2 days prior to your appointment so that she has sufficient time to read the full history before you attend (usually a 20–30 page PDF is generated).
- Please allow sufficient time to complete the questionnaire – at least 2-3 hrs – maybe more depending on the complexity of your case. This means Dr Gajjar can progress further rather than using the consultation time documenting your basic medical history.
- The fee takes into account the time to review your Living Matrix profile prior to your appointment and the time to prepare your management plan after your consultation. Your plan will be emailed to you within 3 working days of your appointment.
- You may choose this option for one of many reasons – e.g. you don’t want to fill out online forms, want to try a low cost/time option to see if this approach is right for you, have language issues, want a different opinion on an integrated/functional medicine approach without tedious form filling
- During the consultation, we will address your specific queries and discuss relevant steps forward (e.g lifestyle advice, supplements/medications, further tests/referrals warranted) – this will constitute the management plan – no further written plan will be sent out after the consultation. You are also encouraged to take notes during the consultation. There is no specific prior preparation for this appointment.
- You may choose this option for one of many reasons – e.g. you don’t want to fill out online forms, want to try a low cost/time option to see if this approach is right for you, have language issues, want a different opinion on an integrated/functional medicine approach without tedious form filling, have relatively less chronic/complex issues and feel you do not need to spend a whole hour to discuss
- During the consultation, we will address your specific queries and discuss relevant steps forward (e.g lifestyle advice, supplements/medications, further tests/referrals warranted) – this will constitute the management plan – no further written plan will be sent out after the consultation. You are also encouraged to take notes during the consultation. There is no specific prior preparation for this appointment
FOLLOW UP CONSULTATIONS
- Standard follow up after the first appointment is normally 30 – 45 minutes and will be advised accordingly.
- If closer to your follow up appointment new additional concerns have come up, please phone reception. You may wish to extend the duration of your existing booking (time permitting) or to schedule a separate consultation on a different day so that all of your concerns can be given the best attention they deserve.
|Initial Consultation Duration||Fee||Medicare item number & rebate|
|60m (WITH online questionnaire)||$495||Item 44 – $111.50|
|60m (NO online questionnaire)||$430||Item 44 – $111.50|
|30m (NO online questionnaire)||$250||Item 36 – $75.75|
|Follow-up consultation duration|
|15 minutes||$110||Item 23 – $39.10|
|30 minutes||$210||Item 36 – $75.75|
|45 minutes||$300||Item 36 – $75.75|
|60 minutes||$400||Item 36 – $75.75
(Item 44 may be applicable in some circumstances
- Medical cannabis appointments can be also done in the context of a 60minute Initial Consultation with or without online questionnaire, or 30 minutes (without questionnaire), with subsequent standard 15m or 30m follow ups as required.
- The email service is set up only for unavoidable circumstances (such as when Dr Gajjar’s patients are overseas or interstate). Otherwise this service will not be maintainable. Most patients will never have the need to email. It is not designed for routine queries or discussions. Please bring all your non-urgent questions, requests, updates of your history or results to your actual appointment. Emails are answered by Dr Gajjar within 3-5 working days. There will be a charge for the time spent on your email. The fee is $6 per minute.
- Consultations in person are usually preferable, at least for the first appointment. However, you can book video/telephone consultation if you live interstate or overseas.
- Renewals of a script and any letters/correspondence outside your consultation will attract a fee of $30. It is preferable for scripts to be written during your consult.
- Reprinting of lost scripts, referrals and pathology request forms. A minimum fee of $30 will be incurred for the reprinting of scripts, referrals and pathology forms as Dr Gajjar has to spend time opening files to locate paperwork, generating new forms and having them emailed or posted. Please take care of the documents given to you during your consultation.
- Cancellation list: if you are unable to book your preferred time reception will place you on Dr Gajjar’s cancellation list. As reception only gets to this list when things are quiet, please call in yourself to check for available times in the week if you want your appointment.
Should you have to change your appointment to another day or cancel it for any reason, you will need to ring 9211 3811 at least 2 business days prior, otherwise a cancellation fee will apply as follows:
- More than 2 business days notice: no charge
- Between 24-48 hours (1-2 business days) notice: 50% of appointment fee charged
- Less than 1 business day notice: 100% of appointment fee charged
- Missed appointment: 100% of appointment fee charged