Dr Mona Kaur is a graduateof the University of Adelaide Medical School with 25 years of clinical experience in hospital medicine, general practice and integrative medicine. Her special interests are family medicine, women’s health, chronic diseases, gut health, weight management and mental health.
She did her general practice training in Victoria between 1996 and 1999 and has worked as a GP in rural and urban Victoria and Western Australia, Adelaide and Sydney.
She has undertaken postgraduate studies in nutritional and environmental medicine with the Australasian College of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) since 1997 and has been a member and lecturer with the college. She has also undertaken training with MINDD Foundation. In December 2019, she completed a course in “Inherited Stress and Trauma” with Dr Mark Wolynn. She is presently completing her certification in Life Coaching with Think and Grow Education Group. She is a current member of AIMA and AMA.
She stays abreast with ongoing development in the field of integrative medicine.
Dr Kaur owned and managed a solo integrative medical practice in Adelaide between 2007 and 2016 and, between 2016 and 2020, worked in integrative medical clinics providing consultations in a wide variety of health issues. Dr. Kaur has also operated an organic restaurant in Adelaide in 2012 for 3 years, incorporating her knowledge of nutritional medicine into the menu.
Dr Kaur takes a preventative and causative approach in the management of a multitude of chronic health issues:
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis dysregulation
- Thyroid disorders
- Functional Gut Disorders
- Mental health issues (Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Addictions, Trauma)
- Weight gain
- Metabolic syndrome/Insulin resistance
- Sex hormone imbalances
- Autoimmune diseases
- Cancer support
- Biochemical imbalances and deficiencies
- Methylation disorders
- Nutrigenomic challenges
In addition to routine Medicare tests, Dr Kaur incorporates integrative testing into her medical practice. These include dried urine testing for comprehensive hormones (DUTCH), salivary hormone profiles, complete digestive stool analysis (CDSA), microbiome mapping, hair or urine analysis for heavy metals and minerals, food intolerance (IgG) testing, organic acid testing, urine pyrrole test, methylation tests, urine iodine test and nutrigenomic testing.
She provides patients with informed choices for health management via lifestyle and mental health counselling, based on a health model unifying mind, body and spirit.
Her life-long goals are to enhance her personal and spiritual development and to educate people that true health is created through accessing our inner wisdom and mastering our minds.
FEE STRUCTURE & BOOKINGS
|Initial Consultation Duration||Fee||Medicare Rebate|
|Follow-up consultation duration
Consultation fees are to be paid on the same day. This practice has HIC online so Medicare rebates will be quick and efficient.
Consultations in person are preferable but Dr Kaur is willing to do telehealth appointments. Please note that telehealth consultations do not qualify for a Medicare rebate unless you have been seen by a GP at Wholistic Medical Centre within the last 12 months. Medicare regulations can change at any given time.
Scripts and referral letters done outside a consultation will incur a $30 fee
Reprinting of lost scripts, referrals and pathology referral forms will also incur a fee of $30.
*Failure to attend appointments with less than 48 business hours’ notice (Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 6pm) will incur a cancellation fee equivalent to the cost of the length of time booked for the consultation. Unforeseen circumstances will be considered.
BOOKINGS & SERVICES
- Consultations are mainly for integrative and functional medicine. For routine general practice services like pap smears and minor surgery, please see your local GP and for medical emergencies, please go to the nearest hospital emergency department. Dr Kaur will see patients for mental health counselling, GP mental health care plans and GP management care plans which attract Medicare rebates.
- Please book a 90 min appointment for your first appointment. It is recommended to bring a notebook or paper and pen to the appointment to record information and advice. Please bring any previous medical records, reports and test results and a list of your medications and supplements to the appointment. If you are the first patient for the session, please arrive 10 to 15 minutes earlier to fill in forms and relevant questionnaires.
- The next follow-up appointment is 60 minutes to discuss test results.
- Thereafter, appointment times can vary from 15 mins to 60 mins.
- Due to the complex nature of integrative medicine, there may be delays with appointment times. It is advisable to ring the medical centre prior to arriving to get an estimated appointment time. Your patience is much appreciated.
- Medico legally, email consultations are not advisable but contact via email may be made if needed. There will be a charge to answer emails at a rate of $6.66 per minute.
- Standard blood tests, for example, full blood count and general chemistry are bulk billed under Medicare. Other tests are charged privately by the respective pathology labs. Dr Kaur will prescribe integrative testing from functional labs locally and overseas and the patient is responsible for obtaining and paying for test kits.
- Dr Mona Kaur is passionate about your physical, mental and spiritual health and will endeavour to provide a high quality of care with kindness and respect.
- Please do not hesitate to ring Wholistic Medical Centre on 02 9211 3811 for any further queries regarding your consultation.