Combining her skills as a GP, Nutritional Medicine and Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner
Suzi has a special interest in General Practice, Preventative, Functional and Nutritional Medicine, Women’s Health, Counselling & Lifestyle Management and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Suzi graduated from the University of NSW. She subsequently worked at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney and completed her training in General Practice. It was during her hospital years that she began her professional and personal journey in Complementary Medicine. Her passionate interest in Integrative Medicine arose during her teenage years in her home country, Germany.
Suzi combines orthodox medicine with a range of natural therapies targeting root causes of health problems. Her holistic approach aims to restore balance, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
She very much enjoys educating, coaching and empowering her patients about health and wellbeing and their specific complaints and goals.
Integrative Health Services
- All aspects of General Practice
- Preventative Medicine
- Nutritional, Dietary, Lifestyle Assessment and Advice
- Psychological Health: Counselling and Pfeiffer Protocol for Mental Health (Pyroluria, High Copper, Undermethylation and Overmethylation)
- Extensive Functional testing including Bioscreen, uBiome, Complete Microbiome Mapping, Histopath and other microbial analyses, SIBO Breath Testing, Complete Dutch Hormone Testing, Organic Acid Testing by Great Plains or Genova Diagnostics, Plasma Methylation Profile by Doctors Data, ImuPro Food Intolerance Testing, Comprehensive Cardiovascular Risk Assessments including LDL subtyping, Ox LDL, fatty acid profiles, homocysteine, hsCRP, Apo A & B, lipoprotein a, CT coronary artery calcium score, Nutripath and others
- Chinese Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture
- Women’s Health
- Preconception Care, Fertility (Men and Women), Pregnancy and Postnatal Care
- Menstrual Problems
- Men’s health
- Including Fertility (Poor Sperm Quality, DNA fragmentation, Count or Motility)
- Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Hypertension
- Chronic Fatigue States
- Endocrine health
- HPA axis dysfunction
- Thyroid Disorders
- Weight Management
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Parasites, viruses, bacterial and fungal infections
- Mood Disorders, Depression and Anxiety, Insomnia, Stress Management
- Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Autoimmune diseases
- Lung and Ear, Nose and Throat conditions including colds and flu, coughs and rhinosinusitis, tonsillitis, ear disorders
- Paediatrics (children and babies)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- 5 year postgraduate hospital training
- General Practice Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Qualified Antenatal Shared Care Provider
- 4 year Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Tui Na) at The Sydney Institute of TraditionalChinese Medicine
- 4 months extensive clinical training at The Chengdu Hospital, Chengdu, China
- Courses in Complementary Therapies at Nature Care College, Sydney: Nutrition, Diploma of Remedial Massage, Reiki and Aromatherapy
- Postgraduate Certificate of Advanced Clinical Hypnosis, Counselling, Stress Management & Relaxation
- Training programs with the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM), the Australasian Academy of Anti-ageing Medicine, the MINDD Foundation (including DAN Training), Dr William Walsh/ Biobalance
- Trained Demartini Method Facilitator
- Continuing professional education in General Practice, Traditional Chinese & Nutritional Medicine
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA)
- Most services are medicare rebatable including acupuncture. Alternatively private health insurance rebates are claimable for Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine consultations
- Nationally registered as a Chinese herbalist, medical and TCM acupuncturist with AHPRA
Fee Structure and Bookings
Fees for all consultations, including acupuncture are based on the time you spent with Dr Wigge. Your consultation is charged at her current consultation rate ($6.58 per minute). Due to the nature of Integrative Medicine more time is usually required to understand the holistic picture of you as an individual.
The Medicare rebate for your first visit is usually an Item 36 ($73.95).
The Medicare rebate for a follow up appointment is often an Item 23 ($38.20) and only sometimes an Item 36 depending on the content of your visit and not time.
Medicare item number
|$197.50||Item 23 ($38.20)|
Item 23 ($38.20) or
Item 36 $73.95
Item 23 ($38.20) or
Item 36 ($73.95)
Examples of consults “outside the booked time”
Medicare item number
Item 23 ($38.20)
Item 23 ($38.20) or
Item 36 ($73.95)
The email service is set up only for unavoidable circumstances (such as when Dr Wigge’s patients are overseas or interstate). Otherwise this service will not be maintainable. Most patients will never have the need to email Dr Wigge. It is not designed for routine queries or discussions. Please bring all your non-urgent questions, requests, updates of your history or results to your actual appointment. Emails are answered by Dr Wigge within 4-6 working days, There will be a charge for the time spent on your email. The fee is $6.58 per minute.
Consultations in person are usually preferable. If you are an existing patient of Dr Wigge a pre-booked skype or telephone consultation can be arranged in case you live interstate or overseas. The fee is time-based like a consultation in person, but these types of consultations do not qualify for a Medicare rebate.
Renewals of a script outside your consultation will attract a script fee of $30 (without Medicare rebate). It is preferable for scripts to be written during your consultation.
Reprinting of lost scripts, referrals and pathology request forms: a minimum fee of $30 and upward (without Medicare rebate) will be incurred for the reprinting of scripts, referrals and pathology forms as Dr Wigge has to spend time opening files to locate paperwork, generating new forms with instructions and having them emailed or posted. Please take care of the documents given to you during your consultation.
Dr Wigge’s fees do not include the costs of pathology testing which may not be covered by Medicare.
The cancellation policy requires a minimum of 48 hours’ notice within business hours (Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm). We have patients who are waiting for an appointment on our cancellation list that would be happy to fill your appointment. Unliess of course there was an unforeseen emergency, the cancellation fee is the cost of your booked appointment time (i.e. $197.50 for 30 mins and $395 for a 60 mins visit). We are sending you sms reminders a week ahead of your appointment to give you sufficient time to change your booking should you need to . If you need to change your appointment, please ring 9211 3811 otherwise a cancellation fee will apply as follows:
- More than 48 hours (within business hours) notice: no charge
- Less than 48 hours (2 business days) notice or missed appointment: 100% of appointment fee charged
Cancellation list: If you are unable to book your preferred time, reception will place you on Dr Wigge’s cancellation list. As reception only gets to this list when things are quiet, please call in yourself to check for available times in the week you want your appointment.
A more comprehensive letter explaining appointments, fee structure and testing will be emailed to all new patients and can be emailed to all existing patients upon their request.