Personalised and individualised Integrative Health Care
Suzi is an Integrative Medicine Doctor who combines conventional medicine with a range of complementary medicine tailored to her patients. Her passionate interest in holistic medicine arose during her teenage years in her home country, Germany. She investigates and addresses the WHY and HOW illness and dis-ease can develop in each individual. Her approach aims to treat underlying root causes rather than masking symptoms.
Suzi graduated from the University of NSW in 1997. She subsequently worked at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney where she had 5 years of extensive training in internal medicine. It was during her hospital years that she began her professional and personal journey in complementary medicine.
She completed a 4-year diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in 2002 and conducted further studies in China in 2003. It was her quest to deepen her understanding how Chinese Medical Doctors (trained in both at university) blend the complementary strength of Orthodox Western Medicine and TCM to optimise patient care.
Suzi began General Practice in 2004 and was the first to bring Integrative Medicine to the Wholistic Medical Centre in 2006. She completed her fellowship in general practice with the Royal College of General Practitioners in 2006 and has undertaken extensive training in nutritional, lifestyle, environmental and functional medicine to address acute and chronic complex health issues.
Integrative Medicine recognises that optimal healthcare is not “one-size-fits-all”. One disease can have several causes, and one cause can present as several different diseases from both a Western and Eastern point of view. Each person has their own unique blueprint for health which involves a complex interplay of physiology, lifestyle, and their environment.
Suzi seeks to provide a comprehensive and personalised approach to facilitate healing and restore balance. This may include diet modification, optimising sleep, exercise and movement, stress reduction, mindfulness, nutritional and botanical supplements, Chinese herbs, acupuncture, and medication. She enjoys educating, coaching, and empowering her patients about their specific health issues, individual goals, and wellness. Being healthy is more than the absence of disease. She works together with you providing you with tools to begin your trajectory towards optimal wellbeing.
Integrative Health Services
- All aspects of General Practice
- Preventative Medicine
- Nutritional, Dietary, Lifestyle Assessment and Advice
- Psychological Health: Counselling and Pfeiffer Protocol for Mental Health (Pyroluria, High Copper, Undermethylation and Overmethylation)
- Extensive Functional pathology testing including Complete Microbiome Mapping, Histopath, GI Effects Stool Profiles by Genova Diagnostics and other microbial analyses, SIBO Breath Testing, Complete Dutch Hormone Testing, Organic Acid Testing by Great Plains or Genova Diagnostics, Plasma Methylation Profile by Doctors Data, ImuPro Food Intolerance Testing, Comprehensive Cardiovascular Risk Assessments including LDL subtyping, Ox LDL, fatty acid profiles, homocysteine, hsCRP, Apo A & B, lipoprotein a, CT coronary artery calcium score, Nutripath and others
- Chinese Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture
- Women’s Health
- Preconception Care, Fertility (Men and Women), Pregnancy and Postnatal Care
- Menstrual Problems
- Men’s health
- Including Fertility (Poor Sperm Quality, DNA fragmentation, Count or Motility)
- Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Hypertension
- Chronic Fatigue States
- Endocrine health
- HPA axis dysfunction
- Thyroid Disorders
- Insulin resistance, Diabetes
- Weight Management
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Parasites, viruses, bacterial and fungal infections
- Microbiome restoration
- Mood Disorders, Depression and Anxiety, Insomnia, Stress Management
- Healthy Ageing
- Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Autoimmune diseases
- Lung and Ear, Nose and Throat conditions including colds and flu, coughs and rhinosinusitis, tonsillitis, ear disorders
- Paediatrics (children and babies)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery 1997
- 5-year postgraduate hospital training
- 4-year Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Tui Na) at The Sydney Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2002
- 4 months extensive clinical training at The Chengdu Hospital, Chengdu, China 2003
- General Practice Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) 2006
- Qualified Antenatal Shared Care Provider
- Courses in Complementary Therapies at Nature Care College, Sydney: Nutrition, Diploma of Remedial Massage, Reiki and Aromatherapy
- Postgraduate Certificate of Advanced Clinical Hypnosis, Counselling, Stress Management & Relaxation
- Training programs with the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM), the Australasian Academy of Anti-ageing Medicine (A5M), the MINDD Foundation (including DAN Training), Dr William Walsh and Biobalance
- Trained Demartini Method Facilitator
- Continuing professional education in General Practice, Traditional Chinese & Functional and Nutritional/Environmental Medicine
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA)
- Most services are Medicare rebatable including acupuncture. Alternatively, private health insurance rebates are claimable for Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine consultations
- Nationally registered as a Chinese herbalist, medical and TCM acupuncturist with AHPRA
Fee Structure and Bookings
Please bring any previous medical records, specialists’ correspondence, reports of your scans, blood and other test results and a list of past and current medications and natural remedies.
Initial consultations are booked for 1 hour.
Your first follow up appointment tends to be 1 hour. Subsequent appointments can be booked as 30 or 45 or 60 minutes. A 60-minute consultation might be preferable when you are returning for several new test results, travel a significant distance or when you have not seen Dr Wigge for 6-12 months.
If, closer to a 30-minute follow up appointment, new additional concerns have come up, please phone reception. You may wish to extend the duration of an existing 30-minute booking (time permitting) or to schedule a separate consultation on a different day so that all your concerns can be given the attention they deserve.
30-minute consultations on different days tend to provide a better Medicare rebate, which means your gap/out of pocket payment tends to be less. If you require a 60-minute visit to adequately address your health concerns and test results, you have the option to book 30 minutes on 2 different days in the same week to make integrative medicine more financially sustainable.
Fees for all consultations, including acupuncture are based on the time you spent with Dr Wigge. Your consultation is charged at her current consultation rate ($6.58 per minute).
|Consultation Type||Initial OR Follow Up||Duration||Fee||Medicare Item Number & Rebate||Your Gap Payment/Out Of Pocket Expense|
|Initial for new patients||60 minutes||$395||Item 44 – $111.50||$283.50|
|Initial for new patients||90 minutes||$592.50||Item 44 – $111.50||$481.00|
|Follow-Up||60 minutes||$395||Item 36 – $75.75||$319.25|
|Follow-Up||45 minutes||$296||Item 36 – $75.75||$220.25|
|Follow Up (most cost effective)||30 minutes||$197.50||Item 36 – $75.55 (in rare circumstances this might be an item 23)||$60.90|
|Follow-Up||15 minutes||$100||Item 23 – $39.10||$60.90|
|Acupuncture||Initial||30 minutes||$197.50||Item 197 – $75.75||$121.75|
|Follow-Up||15 minutes||$100||Item 193 – $39.10||$60.90|
|Chinese Herbal Medicine TCM||Initial||30 minutes||$197.50||Item 36 – $75.75||$121.75|
|Follow-Up||30 minutes||$197.50||Item 36 – $75.75||$121.75|
The cost of your consultation is based upon time and may vary from the above. For example, if a booked 60-minute follow up consultation was to extend to 72 minutes then the fee would be $474.00 with a Medicare rebate of an Item 36 ($75.75) and a gap payment of $398.25.
If a booked 60 minute follow up consultation was to take 52 minutes then the fee would be $342.00 with a Medicare rebate of an item 36 ($75.75) and a gap payment of $266.25
If a booked 30 minute consultation was to last 42 minutes then the fee would be $276.50 with a Medicare rebate of an Item 36 ($75.75) and a gap payment of $200.75
Due to the nature of Integrative Medicine more time is usually required to better understand the holistic picture of you as an individual and to effectively address your health concerns.
Some patients prefer to spend the time they need on the same day and are happy to pay for this time. Please be aware that appointments in this scenario can end up being rather long and are less supported by Medicare. As a result, you then incur a significant out of pocket expense.
Other patients prefer to precisely stick to their booked appointment and come back another day to completely address their health issues and wellbeing. This would reduce your out of pocket payment. In this case please be mindful of what exactly you wish to focus on in the specified time so that your booked time slot can be adhered to.
Please inform reception at the time of your booking and Dr Wigge when you see her of your preference as it is very important for Dr Wigge to work with you given your preference.
Consultations in person are usually preferable. If you are an existing patient of Dr Wigge a pre-booked telephone consultation can be arranged in the event that you live interstate or overseas. The fee is time-based like a consultation in person, but these types of consultations do not qualify for a Medicare rebate.
There are other, more extensive and helpful Medicare rebates for a GP Mental Health Plan (allowing you to see a registered psychologist for psychotherapeutic support for anxiety or depression) and for a GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement (providing you with 5 visits with an allied health practitioner, such as a physiotherapist, exercise physiologist, osteopath, chiropractor, occupational therapist, podiatrist, speech pathologist or psychologist per calendar year (January – December of each year) for some chronic health conditions of more than 6 months duration.
Functional pathology is not rebated under Medicare and privately billed. Dr Wigge will advise you with regards to different options relevant to you.
The standard blood tests such as full blood count, kidney and liver function, thyroid screen, sugar, cholesterol, are bulk billed under Medicare.
The cancellation policy requires a minimum of 48 hours’ notice within business hours (Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm). The cancellation fee is the cost of your booked appointment time (i.e. $197.50 for 30 mins and $395 for a 60 mins visit). We are sending you sms reminders a week ahead of your appointment to give you sufficient time to change your booking should you need to. If you need to change your appointment, please ring 9211 3811 otherwise a cancellation fee will apply as follows:
- More than 48 hours (within business hours) notice: no charge
- Less than 48 hours (2 business days) notice or missed appointment: 100% of appointment fee charged