Dr Nick Bassal answers your questions Does vaping help people to quit smoking? There is growing evidence that vaping (using personal vaporisers or electronic cigarettes) helps some people quit smoking. In the European Union, more than six million smokers reported quitting with the use of vaping and a further 1.5 million have quit using vaping […]
About Nick Bassal
M.B., B.S. (Hons) MRCGP CHT
Practising: General medical practice, Counselling and psychotherapy
Nick founded the Wholistic Medical Centre in 1977. His depth of experience about the best combinations of conventional and complementary therapies enables him to tailor treatment plans for each individual that maximise the chances of success.
He has had a special interest in skin disorders, prostatitis and prostate enlargement. Nick now specialises in a mindfulness based, body orientated form of psychotherapy and works with people with anxiety/depression, and other forms of mental suffering, who want to reduce or avoid medication. His approach, emphasising direct experience, has also been highly effective for people who have noticed that their emotions are connected to their physical symptoms and who wish to release the root causes.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Psychotherapy, Mens’ Prostate Issues
Below are a few videos by Nick covering several topics.
Entries by Nick Bassal
Chest tightness can stop a person from breathing deeply Michelle* was in her late 40’s when she first came to the Wholistic Medical Centre. For the previous five years she had an upset stomach, felt nauseous every day, had some bloating after meals with bouts of diarrhoea alternating with constipation. She had been advised […]
When our system falls out of balance due to stress or a hectic lifestyle, it often shows up as dis-ease in the body. But did you know that unresolved emotional issues can also show up as physical symptoms and sensations in the body? Brian*, 35-years-old, came to see our naturopath at the Wholistic Medical […]
- Nick Bassal – Wholistic GP, Mindfulness Psychotherapy
- Deborah Cooper – Naturopath
- Tanya Newton – Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Suzi Wigge – Sydney Integrative GP, Anti-ageing and Nutritional Medicine, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture
- Vincent King – Sydney Osteopathy
- Kathy Harris – Sydney Naturopath, Functional Testing
- Marie Paek – Sydney Integrative GP, Psychotherapy
- Steven Judge – Clinical Naturopathy
- Rebecca Mar Young – Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Japanese Acupuncture, Paediatric Acupuncture
- Kyla Mayer – Pregnancy & Remedial Massage, Lactation Consultant, Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Ameeta (Amy) Gajjar – Integrative GP, Coaching, Yoga and Ayurveda
- Itab Awad-Stratti – Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Rebecca Bau – Japanese and Chinese Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Lohan Qigong
1st Floor, 17 Randle Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
(02) 9211 3811.
Mon — Fri: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm