Interested in learning more about holistic health and some of the conditions we treat at the Wholistic Medical Centre? Check out our latest articles on the blog.
The following articles should provide you with a great deal of information. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Many women experience some kind of pain with their periods, but period pain is definitely not normal in Chinese medicine. Statistics vary widely around the world but show that a significant number of women suffer from regular pain with their periods. It is so common that many women assume painful periods are normal because their friends have it too. Period pain is something that a lot of women just put up and manage with painkillers, heat packs or other medications every month. An experienced Chinese medicine practitioner will be able to assess what is out of balance and use acupuncture and/or Chinese herbal medicine to assist in supporting your body towards a pain free and healthy menstrual cycle.
Anxiety, heart palpitations, hot flushes, and sweating through your pyjamas and sheets at night. These are common experiences for women during perimenopause. But did you know that higher stress levels often correlate with worse symptoms? This is why I like to recommend adrenal support during the menopause transition.
SIBO is an acronym for Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. This is a condition where normal bacteria that usually live in the large intestine can become trapped and cause havoc in the small intestine.
Are you feeling those niggles in the neck or back more since working from home? Let’s examine how our working environment at home may be contributing to this.
Medical cannabis products should only be considered when all first line, conventional options have been tried. So, if you have a medical condition of more than 3 months duration and conventional medications have not proved effective for you or the side effects have outweighed the benefits or you wish to stop using ‘community acquired’ cannabis. Then it may be worth having a detailed discussion of the potential benefits and downside of medicinal cannabis with one of our doctors.
Fertility Massage Therapy is a deep, yet gentle and non-invasive therapy that works by bringing the organs within the abdominal area back into alignment, releasing pressure and strengthening the surrounding muscles and ligaments.
Fascia or connective tissue is the human equivalent of the internet, it connects everything and there is no central control. Fascia is a part of the extracellular matrix and as such is involved in every body function and in every body system in some way. Some gut issues, cardio-thoracic problems or hormonal issues can cause pain/unpleasant sensations to be felt either in the trunk/abdomen or even along the limbs via fascial chains. So yes, your pain can be coming from your gut! And other internal organs.
Everything in the body is connected. Fascia or connective tissue is part of the extracellular matrix and so connects and contacts every cell in the body, so it can be the link between injuries/dysfunctions in the head and the arms, or between the head and the foot.
We are pleased to introduce you to Simone Jeffries who is joining our team at the Wholistic Medical Centre in March 2020.
After the Birth. What now? Tips to help you through the Golden Month.
In traditional Chinese medicine the month after your baby arrives is is known as the golden month and new mothers are given special care, food and support until they feel recovered. This month is seen as providing valuable health benefits and allowing a new mother to adjust to her new role regardless if this is her first or third child.
Thousands of Australian women who are trying to conceive use smart phone or mobile tablet apps to track their menstrual cycles so that they can time intercourse at the prime time to achieve pregnancy. Others use the apps as a technical contraceptive guide to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Among adults, they are the fourth most downloaded […]
Pregnancy complications and miscarriage So you’ve decided you’re ready to start a family… all begins well, you fall pregnant easily but sadly you have a miscarriage. You prepare yourself and start again, understanding that sometimes maintaining a pregnancy can be difficult. This is Simone’s* story. A 35-year old university lecturer, living a busy but healthy […]
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- Is Your Period Pain Normal?
- Managing menopause with adrenal support
- Could your painful bloating be SIBO?
- Working from home doesn’t have to feel like working from home
- Cannabis and Medicine
- FERTILITY MASSAGE – WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
- What do you mean my pain can be coming from my internal organs?
- Why are my injuries/pains always on the right side of the body?
- We are pleased to introduce you to Simone Jeffries who joined our team at the Wholistic Medical Centre in March 2020.
- After the Birth. What now? Tips to help you through the Golden Month.
- How accurate are fertility and period tracker apps at predicting ovulation?
- Wholistic Approach to Pregnancy Complications and Miscarriage
- Ten Top Tips for Nausea During Pregnancy
- Where are we up to with medicinal cannabis?
- When your baby is breech in the final weeks of pregnancy …. Acupuncture, TCM and massage may help.
- Massage to the rescue when shoulder pain gets in the way
- Healthy Green Soup recipe
- How my ebike, affectionately known as “The Beast”, changed my world
- Welcome to Dr Amy Gajjar
- Thyroid problems – living beyond “normal”
- About Us
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Contact Us
- Conventional & Complementary Medical Services
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- General Medical Practice
- Holistic Health Blog
- Integrative Medicine
- Japanese Acupuncture
- Medical Cannabis
- Naturopathy for Acute Care
- Nutritional Medicine
- Paediatric Acupuncture
- Remedial massage and Pregnancy massage
- Western Herbal Medicine