Interested in learning more about holistic health and some of the conditions we treat at the Wholistic Medical Centre? Check out our latest articles on the blog.
The following articles should provide you with a great deal of information. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
hormones play a big role in how we feel day-to-day and pregnancy changes & disrupts these hormonal balances. Acupuncture can assist with fine tuning the bodies fine hormonal balances by balancing cortisol levels to relieve stress, regulate adrenal function, and normalize your stress response (doesn’t this sound like what every new mum needs).
Expecting mother have also had to face many changes and restrictions to their care delivered during Covid-19 and these unique times have added to the prevalence of perinatal anxiety. Acupuncture and can provide support for perinatal anxiety and permission to stop and rest when life can be overwhelming…
Some women radiate good health because of simple everyday choices based on a deep understanding of what their mind, body and soul need to maintain good health.
Vaginal bacteria are part of the vaginal immune system. When vaginal bacteria become out of balance, other infections can occur, and you become at a greater risk of contracting an STI. To maintain a healthy vaginal microbiome, it is necessary to maintain the pH (acidity/alkalinity) of the vagina. Imbalanced vaginal microbiome can also contribute to infertility in some women.
Many women experience some kind of pain with their periods, but period pain is definitely not normal in Chinese medicine. Statistics vary widely around the world but show that a significant number of women suffer from regular pain with their periods. It is so common that many women assume painful periods are normal because their friends have it too. Period pain is something that a lot of women just put up and manage with painkillers, heat packs or other medications every month. An experienced Chinese medicine practitioner will be able to assess what is out of balance and use acupuncture and/or Chinese herbal medicine to assist in supporting your body towards a pain free and healthy menstrual cycle.
Anxiety, heart palpitations, hot flushes, and sweating through your pyjamas and sheets at night. These are common experiences for women during perimenopause. But did you know that higher stress levels often correlate with worse symptoms? This is why I like to recommend adrenal support during the menopause transition.
SIBO is an acronym for Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. This is a condition where normal bacteria that usually live in the large intestine can become trapped and cause havoc in the small intestine.
Are you feeling those niggles in the neck or back more since working from home? Let’s examine how our working environment at home may be contributing to this.
Medical cannabis products should only be considered when all first line, conventional options have been tried. So, if you have a medical condition of more than 3 months duration and conventional medications have not proved effective for you or the side effects have outweighed the benefits or you wish to stop using ‘community acquired’ cannabis. Then it may be worth having a detailed discussion of the potential benefits and downside of medicinal cannabis with one of our doctors.
Fertility Massage Therapy is a deep, yet gentle and non-invasive therapy that works by bringing the organs within the abdominal area back into alignment, releasing pressure and strengthening the surrounding muscles and ligaments.
Fascia or connective tissue is the human equivalent of the internet, it connects everything and there is no central control. Fascia is a part of the extracellular matrix and as such is involved in every body function and in every body system in some way. Some gut issues, cardio-thoracic problems or hormonal issues can cause pain/unpleasant sensations to be felt either in the trunk/abdomen or even along the limbs via fascial chains. So yes, your pain can be coming from your gut! And other internal organs.
Everything in the body is connected. Fascia or connective tissue is part of the extracellular matrix and so connects and contacts every cell in the body, so it can be the link between injuries/dysfunctions in the head and the arms, or between the head and the foot.
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- POST BABY HAIRLOSS… HOW CAN ACUPUCTURE HELP?
- Anxiety during pregnancy
- 12 Habits of Healthy Women
- Naturopaths tips for bacterial vaginosis
- Is Your Period Pain Normal?
- Managing menopause with adrenal support
- Could your painful bloating be SIBO?
- Working from home doesn’t have to feel like working from home
- Cannabis and Medicine
- FERTILITY MASSAGE – WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
- What do you mean my pain can be coming from my internal organs?
- Why are my injuries/pains always on the right side of the body?
- We are pleased to introduce you to Simone Jeffries who joined our team at the Wholistic Medical Centre in March 2020.
- After the Birth. What now? Tips to help you through the Golden Month.
- How accurate are fertility and period tracker apps at predicting ovulation?
- Wholistic Approach to Pregnancy Complications and Miscarriage
- Ten Top Tips for Nausea During Pregnancy
- Where are we up to with medicinal cannabis?
- When your baby is breech in the final weeks of pregnancy …. Acupuncture, TCM and massage may help.
- Massage to the rescue when shoulder pain gets in the way
- About Us
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Contact Us
- Conventional & Complementary Medical Services
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- General Medical Practice
- Holistic Health Blog
- Integrative Medicine
- Japanese Acupuncture
- Medical Cannabis
- Naturopathy for Acute Care
- Nutritional Medicine
- Paediatric Acupuncture
- Remedial massage and Pregnancy massage
- Western Herbal Medicine