Interested in learning more about holistic health and some of the conditions we treat at the Wholistic Medical Centre? Check out our latest articles on the blog.
The following articles should provide you with a great deal of information. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Thousands of Australian women who are trying to conceive use smart phone or mobile tablet apps to track their menstrual cycles so that they can time intercourse at the prime time to achieve pregnancy. Others use the apps as a technical contraceptive guide to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Among adults, they are the fourth most downloaded […]
Pregnancy complications and miscarriage So you’ve decided you’re ready to start a family… all begins well, you fall pregnant easily but sadly you have a miscarriage. You prepare yourself and start again, understanding that sometimes maintaining a pregnancy can be difficult. This is Simone’s* story. A 35-year old university lecturer, living a busy but healthy […]
Early pregnancy is an exciting time, however it can also be a challenging time, especially when there is daily nausea. Many women often experience some nausea and in some cases there can be vomiting as well. While this has been known as “morning sickness” most women will tell you that it is rarely restricted to […]
Is it legal? Medical practitioners in Australia can legally prescribe medicinal cannabis through regulated pathways such as the Special Access Scheme Category B and the Authorised Prescriber Scheme. These pathways are typically used by doctors for unapproved medicines. Dr Vicki Kotsirilos, Victorian GP and Integrative Medicine Practitioner, became Australia’s first authorised GP prescriber of medicinal […]
We would like to extend a warm welcome to Rebecca Bau to Wholistic Medical Centre. Rebecca is locuming for Rebecca Mar Young while she is away on maternity leave from August 2019 to March 2020. Rebecca is a Chinese medicine practitioner, who integrates eastern life philosophies into everyday health and wellbeing with practices […]
When baby won’t turn
Men, women, and teens can experience restricted movement due to shoulder pain Shoulder pain can impact on your day. It can disrupt your sleep and make the simplest actions like brushing your hair or reaching for items on the top shelf of the pantry unbearable. What can be done to break the cycle of shoulder […]
Ingredients 1 Fennel bulb 1 Head of broccoli 1 Zucchini 1 Bunch of English Spinach 1 Bunch of Parsley – keep a little parsley to garnish. 4 Cloves of garlic 1 Tbspn olive oil 1 Tin of Chickpeas 440g 2-3 cups of stock (Vege or chicken – you choose) Salt & pepper to taste Optional […]
On a trip to Canberra I hired an ebike to ”pootle” around (a term I had not come across before but my friend assured me was the correct description for ambling around on a bicycle with no express purpose or intention). It was love at first sight – the Kalkhoff was a step-through with a […]
Warm welcome to Dr Amy Gajjar
The thyroid gland is an extremely important gland which regulates a number of complex hormonal reactions. Because of the complexity of its inter-reactions it is readily poorly diagnosed and managed.
Sleep difficulties during pregnancy; massage can help
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- How accurate are fertility and period tracker apps at predicting ovulation?
- Wholistic Approach to Pregnancy Complications and Miscarriage
- Ten Top Tips for Nausea During Pregnancy
- Where are we up to with medicinal cannabis?
- Welcome to Rebecca Bau
- When your baby is breech in the final weeks of pregnancy …. Acupuncture, TCM and massage may help.
- Massage to the rescue when shoulder pain gets in the way
- Healthy Green Soup recipe
- How my ebike, affectionately known as “The Beast”, changed my world
- Welcome to Dr Amy Gajjar
- Thyroid problems – living beyond “normal”
- Are you pregnant, exhausted, lying in bed awake? Pregnancy massage can help!
- Is your pregnancy uncomfortable? Silence those aches and pains with pregnancy massage.
- Wholistic Medical Centre welcomes Red Tent
- When to have an MRI? An Osteopath can advise you
- Acupuncture and TCM when unable to do IVF
- Do you eat meals with your kids?
- A diagnosis of PCOS and IBS – a wholistic approach can help
- Men and depression – the courage it takes to fight this silent epidemic
- Are you debilitated by chronic persistent pain? Turn the volume down with osteopathy
- About Us
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Contact Us
- Conventional & Complementary Medical Services
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- General Medical Practice
- Holistic Health Blog
- Integrative Medicine
- Japanese Acupuncture
- Naturopathy for Acute Care
- Nutritional Medicine
- Paediatric Acupuncture
- Remedial massage and Pregnancy massage
- Western Herbal Medicine