Interested in learning more about holistic health and some of the conditions we treat at the Wholistic Medical Centre? Check out our latest articles on the blog.
The following articles should provide you with a great deal of information. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Fertility Massage Therapy is a deep, yet gentle and non-invasive therapy that works by bringing the organs within the abdominal area back into alignment, releasing pressure and strengthening the surrounding muscles and ligaments.
Fascia or connective tissue is the human equivalent of the internet, it connects everything and there is no central control. Fascia is a part of the extracellular matrix and as such is involved in every body function and in every body system in some way. Some gut issues, cardio-thoracic problems or hormonal issues can cause pain/unpleasant sensations to be felt either in the trunk/abdomen or even along the limbs via fascial chains. So yes, your pain can be coming from your gut! And other internal organs.
Everything in the body is connected. Fascia or connective tissue is part of the extracellular matrix and so connects and contacts every cell in the body, so it can be the link between injuries/dysfunctions in the head and the arms, or between the head and the foot.
We are pleased to introduce you to Simone Jeffries who is joining our team at the Wholistic Medical Centre in March 2020.
After the Birth. What now? Tips to help you through the Golden Month.
In traditional Chinese medicine the month after your baby arrives is is known as the golden month and new mothers are given special care, food and support until they feel recovered. This month is seen as providing valuable health benefits and allowing a new mother to adjust to her new role regardless if this is her first or third child.
We are pleased to introduce you to Jo Hadley who is joining our team at the Wholistic Medical Centre in January 2020. Jo is a physiotherapist with over 30 years experience. Jo uses many techniques but her main manual therapy diagnostic and treatment tool is a wholistic technique called Fascial Manipulation by Stecco. It recognizes […]
Thousands of Australian women who are trying to conceive use smart phone or mobile tablet apps to track their menstrual cycles so that they can time intercourse at the prime time to achieve pregnancy. Others use the apps as a technical contraceptive guide to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Among adults, they are the fourth most downloaded […]
Pregnancy complications and miscarriage So you’ve decided you’re ready to start a family… all begins well, you fall pregnant easily but sadly you have a miscarriage. You prepare yourself and start again, understanding that sometimes maintaining a pregnancy can be difficult. This is Simone’s* story. A 35-year old university lecturer, living a busy but healthy […]
Early pregnancy is an exciting time, however it can also be a challenging time, especially when there is daily nausea. Many women often experience some nausea and in some cases there can be vomiting as well. While this has been known as “morning sickness” most women will tell you that it is rarely restricted to […]
Is it legal? Medical practitioners in Australia can legally prescribe medicinal cannabis through regulated pathways such as the Special Access Scheme Category B and the Authorised Prescriber Scheme. These pathways are typically used by doctors for unapproved medicines. Dr Vicki Kotsirilos, Victorian GP and Integrative Medicine Practitioner, became Australia’s first authorised GP prescriber of medicinal […]
We would like to extend a warm welcome to Rebecca Bau to Wholistic Medical Centre. Rebecca is locuming for Rebecca Mar Young while she is away on maternity leave from August 2019 to March 2020. Rebecca is a Chinese medicine practitioner, who integrates eastern life philosophies into everyday health and wellbeing with practices […]
When baby won’t turn
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- FERTILITY MASSAGE – WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
- What do you mean my pain can be coming from my internal organs?
- Why are my injuries/pains always on the right side of the body?
- We are pleased to introduce you to Simone Jeffries who is joining our team at the Wholistic Medical Centre in March 2020.
- After the Birth. What now? Tips to help you through the Golden Month.
- Introducing our physiotherapist Jo Hadley
- How accurate are fertility and period tracker apps at predicting ovulation?
- Wholistic Approach to Pregnancy Complications and Miscarriage
- Ten Top Tips for Nausea During Pregnancy
- Where are we up to with medicinal cannabis?
- Welcome to Rebecca Bau
- When your baby is breech in the final weeks of pregnancy …. Acupuncture, TCM and massage may help.
- Massage to the rescue when shoulder pain gets in the way
- Healthy Green Soup recipe
- How my ebike, affectionately known as “The Beast”, changed my world
- Welcome to Dr Amy Gajjar
- Thyroid problems – living beyond “normal”
- Are you pregnant, exhausted, lying in bed awake? Pregnancy massage can help!
- Is your pregnancy uncomfortable? Silence those aches and pains with pregnancy massage.
- Wholistic Medical Centre welcomes Red Tent
- About Us
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Contact Us
- Conventional & Complementary Medical Services
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- General Medical Practice
- Holistic Health Blog
- Integrative Medicine
- Japanese Acupuncture
- Naturopathy for Acute Care
- Nutritional Medicine
- Paediatric Acupuncture
- Remedial massage and Pregnancy massage
- Western Herbal Medicine